We are well into 2017 already and for me that means it’s time to set some goals for this year. Everybody has his or her own ways of doing things but for me, setting goals helps me to get a clear picture of where I want to go in the short term. It also helps me to focus on those goals which in return increases the likelihood of actually accomplishing them!
Last year I made my 2016 goals in July since I only started the blog in June of that year. Without the blog to think about things I never thought of goal setting for my investing journey. Although I failed to hit January I wanted to publish my goals a lot earlier this time around and it looks I’m succeeding in that specific goal!
If you want to read more on the realization of my 2016 goals you can check my 2016 goals review.
Just like last year I divide my goals in separate categories.
- Collect € 425 in net dividend payments.
- Reach a total portfolio value of € 16.000.
- Reach a savings rate of 25% of income over the year.
- Create at least 50 posts.
- Achieve a 1000 page views in a single month.
- Achieve at least 50 comments on my posts.
- Read at least 4 books about investing.
- Follow at least 2 online seminars about investing.
- Find a better way to analyze stocks.
Family and personal life
- Spend some time with my daughter every day.
- Keep my wife happy.
- Ride at least 4000km on my road bike and 500km on my mountain bike.
These are the goals I have set for 2017. I believe all these goals are achievable although I really have to work for some of them. I like them and I like all the categories. The financial part is the main goal of this blog and therefore important for my long term financial goals. The Blog part is important to keep me motivated for blogging which in the end also helps me with achieving my financial goals. Also it builds contact with you guys, my fellow bloggers and readers out there!
The goals under personal development are important to build up knowledge about investing which I can also use for my financial goals. Besides that, it’s good for everybody to keep educating yourself.
Last we have the family and personal life goals. Without focussing on this part my life would not be complete. I also have some great news in a future posts specially tailored towards this part, but later more about that!
Do you set goals for yourself? And if you do, do you write them down? If not, what do you do to motivate yourself? Share your thoughts in a comment below!